Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Journey of One, Part I

Is there no way out of the mind? - Sylvia Plath






Climbing up, up to the moon,
Up, up over the stars, we are
Brilliant together, I and the stars.
Not looking down. Don't.
Don't look down.
What goes up...

How did I end up down here?
Crushed under a mountain of cold stone,
I fondle my carvings.
Yes, this is my work here.
My mistake.
So sorry.
I can't make it. I can't.
You see, I'm under this mountain of
Grief.

No, I can't remember
What or why I mourn.
I believe something is lost.
It must be around here somewhere.
The cavern is dark and I forget how to make light.

I was lonely once long ago.

Nothing matters now.
The darkness has swallowed
Me and I am laying in the stomach
Of this beast.
 Is it breathing for me?
The beast and I are the same, for
Its shame and mine have digested.

2 comments:

  1. This was my first comment that Blogger saw fit to let roam around in the digital never-land. Beautiful, haunting, eyes open, mind open. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete